TIPS & TRICKS: Tool Rest Innovation by John Nove

TIPS AND TRICKS FROM GUILD OF BOOKWORKERS

This blog section is an opportunity to share some simple wisdom with your favorite bookbinders and book artists! 
If you have a Tip, or a Trick, to share related to; books, or paper, or tools, or wood, or leather, or anything else that a guild member might be interested in, please do! 
Send your Tip, with a photo, to: blog@guildofbookworkers.org. We would love to hear from you!! 


A Rabbit-Fence Tool Rest
John Nove

After relying on bricks and other precarious perches for holding tools on the surface of my VWR adjustable lab hotplate, I came across a scrap of rabbit wire fencing in my garden shed and thought “aha"! I cut a strip two rows tall with protruding ends whose length would enable me to circle the hotplate and cinch it shut. I then cut off the top (horizontal) row of wire and bent the vertical ends into X’s to form rests. The X’s can be adjusted to allow tools of different lengths/shapes to lie flat on the surface of the hotplate. A small piece of sandpaper could be used to smooth over any sharp edges. 



 

Comments


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts